Sunday, October 12, 2008

I Can't Believe It...



I have been wanting to write more about the concept of "HOLDING", which has been an important idea in my art from childhood on...today specifically, as my Ball Dolls enjoyed their last day in the Berlin billiard hall. The finissage was celebrated with a reading by Torsten Schulz from his new book "Revolution und Filzläuse" (German invitation below). And then I am forced by a baby squirrel's affection, trust, and unhesitating approach to take it in...found it in the middle of the pavement. Those of you who know me REALLY well, know I have so much going on right now, I must be crazy to do this...doing my research, trying to either rear it correctly, or find the right home. We found him? her? at Wilson & Wythe, so I introduce Wilson...Here some pictures of my newest Holding.

BILLARD HAT KULTUR

Lesung & Finissage im Billardsalon Q-Club // Sonntag 12.10.2008 // 12 Uhr

Autor: Torsten Schulz liest aus seinem neuen Buch Revolution und Filzläuse (Ullstein, 2008).

Liebe und Verrat in Zeiten gesellschaftlicher Umbrüche, Verheißungen des Lebens, die sich nicht wie erträumt erfüllen. Immer sind es außerordentliche Begebenheiten im Leben ganz verschiedener Menschen, die Torsten Schulz hintergründig gestaltet, und ganz nebenbei durchstreift er die jüngste deutsche Geschichte bis hinein in unsere Gegenwart.
Es gelingt ihm, lakonisch und humorvoll, eine Doppelbödigkeit zum Vorschein zu bringen, die dem Zuhörer und Leser Spaß macht.

Torsten Schulz ist Drehbuchautor, Regisseur und Professor für Praktische Dramaturgie an der Filmhochschule Babelsberg und veröffentlichte 2004 seinen ersten Roman Boxhagener Platz.

No comments:

Post a Comment